Boring but essential: Passport, Return Ticket and Visa
- Make sure your passport is at least valid for six more months from the date of your return flight.
- FREE Tourist Visa for staying less than 30 Days
- Visa on arrival (VOA): valid for 30 days and extendable once for another 30 days. The fee is USD 35 and you can get it directly at the airport.
- When checking in at your departure airport for your flight you need to present a ticket that proves that you are leaving Indonesia again.
Arrival at the airport Denpasar
- Arrival card: Before you can leave the airport you need to fill out some personal information and declare what you import to Indonesia. To safe time you can already do it in the airplane. The cabin crew will provide the form.
- Visas: Watch out – if you do not use the FREE Tourist Visa check for the visa counter.
- Transport: You can book a driver from the airport to your accommodation. There are also taxis available at the airport, but they are often more expensive.
- Wifi: You need to contact your friends or a driver about your arrival? No problem! There is FREE Wifi at the airport!
- Money: You don’t need to get Indonesian Rupiah in advance. You will find ATMs and currency exchange offices at the airport.
- Accommodation close to the airport
Money Stuff: Want to be a millionaire?
Get your chance in Indonesia: 1 USD is around 14.000 Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), means 1 million IDR is just 70$ US. Indonesia is a cash-oriented country, but don’t worry – there are plenty of ATM’s around. Read more about money in Indo.
Already excited to pack your suitcase?
You are wondering what to bring to Indonesia? It seems to be easy because of the warm weather. T-shirts and some shorts should be enough, right? But there is plenty of stuff what most people forget when packing for Bali!
Would you like some FREE travel planning, customized for you?
You haven’t planned your activities so far or need some support in planning your travels? Tell us a little bit about yourself and get some help from locals & experts customized for your unique Bali vacation. Simply ask us!
Additionally download our FREE Local Travel Guide!
A good deed a day: Travel Sustainable with Home Sweet Home
We visited 99% of the local places and designed their profiles online – We don’t charge anything, not even commission to the locals. We want to support the locals and promote positive tourism to keep the culture alive. We open the doors to the world!